RIP Synodontis Eupterus.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I awoke this morning to find both of my Eupterus at the surface. One, the smaller of the two, at 19cm, was already dead :cry:

I had done a small water change the previous night- changing 140L from the 650L tank. I refill directly from the tap, dose 20ml of prime for the tank volume. (I have only recently changed from using Seachem Safe, to Seachem Prime.

I immediately took a water sample and began siphoning the tank. The test results were:
Ph 6.8, ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20-40, GH 7, KH5.

I have changed a further 110 litres, again dosing for the tank volume. The new test results are:
Ph 6.6, Ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20, GH 6, KH 4.

The remaining Eupterus is behaving normally, as are the other inhabitants of the tank (Plecos, Nigriventris, Corydoras, and a Geophagus Brasiliensis.

The tank's filtration is 6100 litres/hour, with an inline 24w uv sterilizer, and a circulation pump.
Water changes with thorough gravel vac twice a week.

Any ideas?

I'm having trouble with uploading photos with the app.

Also I did water changes on 2 other tanks last night, and there have been no problems with the occupants of those tanks this morning- including 3 schools of tetras, several bristlenose and kuhli and yoyo loaches.

Sorry to hear that :( wish I could be some help, hopefully someone will chime in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom