Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
uhm
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Exclamation rope fish disease help!!

Ok I have a problem. Iíve had my tank for a few weeks and my fish are great except all of a sudden they have a bacterial infection. I had a dwarf gourami, 2 angel fish, 2 peppered catfish, some ghost shrimp, and a snail. Two weeks or so passed and everything was great and I had absolutely no problems. That is until my grandma surprised me with a rope fish. I was overjoyed because I saw them at the store and I really liked them and my tank was big enough for them. He didnít really eat and he was really shy and I read they are social so the next day I went and got another for him. They were a lot calmer/social and ate ok that day. After the first day the first one stops eating and his eyes look a little odd and keeps to himself. I didnít think anything of it because I have never had one before but I did keep an eye on him. It wasnít until after he died that I saw that one of the angel fish had a slightly cloudy eye like he did and did some research. I found out it was a bacterial infection only after I had bought two more rope fish to keep my other company which he loved for two days then he got sick and kept to himself. The second died just the other night. I am so upset. Now one of the rope fish also have it (to a very small degree) but the smaller one seems ok right now. Iíve been putting melafix in the tank ever since the 23rd (three days) and the fish are all near the bottom except the angel and dwarf gourami. I just hope they are all ok and why is it that itís mainly the rope fish getting it? Please help, I really love these fish, especially the rope fish and I want to make sure they will live.
Oh, and I check my water parameters at least twice a week right now and there has been no fluctuation and the water is literally perfect.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hi, what are your water chem readings? If melafix isn't working for the bacterial infection, I'd shift to medicated feed or say furan 2 into the water.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #3
uhm
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Unhappy too late

Itís a little late, the rope fish died. Thanks anyway though.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sad news

Tags
disease, fish, fish disease, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com