rope fish disease help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uhm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok I have a problem. I’ve had my tank for a few weeks and my fish are great except all of a sudden they have a bacterial infection. I had a dwarf gourami, 2 angel fish, 2 peppered catfish, some ghost shrimp, and a snail. Two weeks or so passed and everything was great and I had absolutely no problems. That is until my grandma surprised me with a rope fish. I was overjoyed because I saw them at the store and I really liked them and my tank was big enough for them. He didn’t really eat and he was really shy and I read they are social so the next day I went and got another for him. They were a lot calmer/social and ate ok that day. After the first day the first one stops eating and his eyes look a little odd and keeps to himself. I didn’t think anything of it because I have never had one before but I did keep an eye on him. It wasn’t until after he died that I saw that one of the angel fish had a slightly cloudy eye like he did and did some research. I found out it was a bacterial infection only after I had bought two more rope fish to keep my other company which he loved for two days then he got sick and kept to himself. The second died just the other night. I am so upset. Now one of the rope fish also have it (to a very small degree) but the smaller one seems ok right now. I’ve been putting melafix in the tank ever since the 23rd (three days) and the fish are all near the bottom except the angel and dwarf gourami. I just hope they are all ok and why is it that it’s mainly the rope fish getting it? Please help, I really love these fish, especially the rope fish and I want to make sure they will live.
Oh, and I check my water parameters at least twice a week right now and there has been no fluctuation and the water is literally perfect.

Hi, what are your water chem readings? If melafix isn't working for the bacterial infection, I'd shift to medicated feed or say furan 2 into the water.

too late

It’s a little late, the rope fish died. Thanks anyway though. :(

Back
Top Bottom