rummynose??? will it die or stay alive???? help please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
we went and got 10 rummynose tetras today. one seems to be blind. question is will he or she make it in a tank that it doesn't know??? will it find enough food?? please help soon!!! zillas wifie

Don't worry too much about it. If it has been blind for some time it probably has adapted. What are the signs that it is blind? Are there any signs of disease ie fungus or clouding of the eye. If there are signs of disease it is better to put it in a hospital tank for treatment.

none of the eye stuff you said. i think he or she is blind because on multi times he has run head first into glass, wood, and plants.

Yes, the fish could be blind...follow mattrox's directions and watch out for it.

Another thing I was thinking of...you just got the fish? Maybe this one is not used to the tank yet and that's why he is bumping into things. Is he eating -- can he see the food? One of my bettas keeps bumping his "nose" into the side of the tank. He can see, and eat, but he just keeps bumping into the glass. Since it's usually on the one side only (for my fish), maybe it's a reflection that only he can see that's causing him to do this, and maybe your tank has a similar reflection somewhere.

but only 1 out of the 10 rummynose is doing this. thats the weird thing. and he is the only one that bumps into everything.

Back
Top Bottom