Runt of the litter acting odd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Out of all my molly babies I have one spotted baby that's about 1/3 of the rest of them and she's been being really solitary lately and not eating much (at least from what I can tell) and she hides most of the time. I can't see anything physically wrong with her, any ideas?

I can only do nitrite test btw @_@ so I can't tell you water perams

She's the only one acting this way, all my other fish are fine.

Probably has some genetic abnormality or birth injury. I see this pattern a lot with my platy fry. Once they fall behind they cannot compete for food and get picked on. They also die prematurely, even if you keep them apart from bigger fish. The only thing to do is give it a cute nickname and hope for the best.

Thanks, I have another bigger one with a mouth defect too I was noticing. Her lips are like crooked o_O but she still eats and she's regular sized like the other ones. It's just my little one that was bothering me.

They're not inbred, I only have 2 males which I bought at a different time from the store after I got my females and I have only one other male which I didn't let breed any of them since he's too young in my opinion X3

It's one of my 3 month olds so it couldnt have been one of Jewels' babies since I didn't have any at the time. The other young male is one of my other molly's only child but she's dead...

thanks though ^^

Back
Top Bottom