Sad day...lost a fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordinho80

Aquarium Advice Freak
yesterday i noticed that i was missing my yellow lab from my tank...as i was about to leave for work, i couldn't look for him, figured he might just be hiding, he was always rather shy...

got home from work and found him, at least part of him...i immediately scooped it out as to not cause an ammonia spike...figured that some of my larger cichlids had their way with him...which was odd due to the fact that i have 3 other cichlids that are much smaller than what the yellow was...

well, today, as i am still in the process of correcting my cloudy water, i figured let me rinse out my sponges on the fluval...take the thing apart and there are some more smaller pieces of the lab in there...i don't see how they fit through the filter intake strainer...nothing i could do now... :(

Oh no...how terrible. Cichlids can be very aggressive toward each other as I'm sure you know. I'm sorry about the yellow lab. :cry: They are one of my favorite cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom