sad -red-tailed sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amazonwoman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just at the Steinhart Aquarium in San Francisco and was enjoying the most beautiful and healthy, vibrant red-tailed sharks I had ever seen. On the little sign next to their aqaurium it was noted that this species is extinct in the wild and exists now only in the aquarium trade. :x Is this true for a lot of species? I also saw the fattest and most gorgeous cardinals I had even seen-and their colors were so vibrant. They were in a very heavily planted aquarium with a few discus and some cory cats. This is exactly the aquarium I want to set up-minus the discus. Does anyone have any advice-my water is pretty hard with a high ph OK-7.5 not that high but the hardness is around 15 ppm-the ph does seem to drop quickly between water changes though in my little 20 gallon with African Dwarf frogs.

hmm

I would actually re-post this on the General Discussion forum--there are a lot of experts there that would know more. I would think you'd get more feedback there. Just my two cents...

Back
Top Bottom