sadly we've lost a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
well last night was traggic for this 21 year old, at 1:32 am I was on the computer and looked over at my fish tank to see that one of my tiger barbs had passed away. he was stuck between the thermometer and the corner just floating. I'm thinking it could have been the stress of me adding two new fish last night, I added a black molly anda black and blue betta. I figured he might pass soon though, he was the runt of the group, always last to eat, sorta pale in comparison to the other barbs. I know that adding fish can alter your PH levels and this morning I went out and bought a new PH test kit since mine was already used up and found that my PH went from a neutral 7.0 to a drastic change of 6.6!!! It didn't seem to bother the other fish at all, but i guess it was his time to go, but it has also been 15 days since i did a PWC. Before you jump on me over that i had strepp throat and was unable to tend to the tank for that time lol but i wanted to share with you guys and gals my loss, lefty will truely be missed.

i just suffered aloss of my whle school of 4 rummy nose tetras due to ick. i treated it but they just didnt survuve, they were the newest additions to the tankan i think they were till a little week from the moove. sorry to hear about your lost. may lefty be in out memory forever :(

thanks everyone for being so nice about my loss, i loved that lil fella lol, as for my parameters everything turned A ok except for the PH, I went ahead and dida 25 % water change, but i noticed my betta is very picky about eating, i'm not sure if he has even eaten yet, althoguh the black molly loves the betta pellets, i'm going to go ahead and put the betta in a seprate tank my buddy is giving to me and keep it on my desk as a big paper weight lol

I'm sorry to hear of your loss also mr funktastic, to loose a whole school is a true lost

Back
Top Bottom