Salt ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

momo3681

Aquarium Advice Regular
S aquarium salt and kosher salt the same thing? Can I add it to my tank with the rest of the fish in it?

Check your ingredients. Alot of table and even sea salts have additives in them such as anti-caking agents or iodine. Its safer to stick with salt meant for an aquarium. I dont know what type of fish you have so i cant advise on whether salt is safe for all of them. Some species are less tolerant than others.

Check your ingredients. Alot of table and even sea salts have additives in them such as anti-caking agents or iodine. Its safer to stick with salt meant for an aquarium. I dont know what type of fish you have so i cant advise on whether salt is safe for all of them. Some species are less tolerant than others.

+1

You definately dont want salt with scaleless fish (like Cory's or Kuhli's) or with live plants. A lot of people do use either kosher or aquarium salt, but some brands of kosher can contain Yellow Prussiate of Soda which has a trace of arsenic in it. There probably isnt enough to hurt anything, but why introduce something in the tank you dont want? Check your ingredients and make your choice based on what you find. Personally, I stick with the aquarium salt.

Back
Top Bottom