saprolegnia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1 LARA

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have black molly with saprolegnia
just did wc
7.6 pH
0 ammopnia
0nitrites
0 nitrates
I have the same filter for about 2 months now

Columnaris is a nasty disease, the only treatment I found that worked was Jungles Fungus Clear. It safe for fish and the biofilter, I tried other meds last year when it ripped through one of my mbuna tanks killing over 20 fish before I could stop it. The only place I know that sells it any longer is online and locally at Walmart, no LFS any longer for some reason. Good luck it's a rough one.

I had it once too. Lowering the temp 6 degrees (slowly over a few days), adding aquarium salt, doing daily water changes worked for me. I also did daily dosing of melafix and pimafix, though I've found through a lot of research that those most likely did not contribut to helping anything.

how many times

how many days should doses go on for

i have been dosing with melafix
theBlack Molly looks az if she brushed up against some semi dri white paint?

i have been dosing with melafix
theBlack Molly looks az if she brushed up against some semi dri white paint?

Unless you medicate with something else I'm afraid your going to lose alot of fish. It's like a flesh eating disease, and will usually kill within 7 days.

iI have herd multiple waz to medicate
salt in tank killed a corry before

My Molly healed and all I used was the melafix and waterchanges

I also cleaned my entire hob filter and replaced the filter
I had that planaria so I put threw away the filter and put everything else in hot water
then I soaked everything in tank water
there was no cycle so I gs that is a good thing

Back
Top Bottom