Saw the most MISERABLE fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weeeeellll, Sounds like you have things under control Christmasfish. If you have any questions, or want to talk discus, feel free to send me a PM anytime :D :D

Is that duck mouth on all that kinda fish? Heh ity does look comical. his color is beautiful though.
Pretty much, his lips do look a bit more exagerated than the other specimens I've seen in books and online. I have never seen one the a LFS. The ones in mags are usually a primo specimen though. When I bought him he looked real white, now he looks a bit more orange than originally. He brings a smile (laugh) :lol: to everyone that enters my house, and to think he sat in LFS for months with no prospect of a nice home. :cry: I had to have him.

tilapia..isn't that like snapper? heh! Anyway..cute fish.

Well Cookie is settling down and staking out his "keeper".
looks pretty for her..
looks like a photoshop morph convict image for me.. no glows..
I am afraid he is here to stay..only a dedicated discus keeper could wean her away from him now. ~sigh~ And they would have to gush on his beauty to convince her. Riiight.
I am tired now..maybe I should hit the hay

tilapia..isn't that like snapper? heh! Anyway..cute fish.
basically the same but FW. Very similar to a mutton snapper. Kind of a cross between a Blue-gill and a crappie.

Rescue

Aw man, mega good vibes to you for rescuing that Discus. I'm glad to hear he's doing well and him and your daughter are mutually attached :lol: .
My wife has a very soft spot for Bettas, particulary females. At one point I was afraid of being overrun with Bettas till I convinced her that it was a lost cause and she couldn't save'em all.
The ill treatment of gods critters by some of us makes me very irate :x , when our very possession of them requires that we properly care for them.

Heh..sounds like Anna's mantra on kept animals are our wards and deserve our every effort to their comfort. :)
I also believe if ya got , better take care of it.

I rescued a betta who threw himself at my feet. How much more dramatic can ya get? until the discus dinner saved

Back
Top Bottom