Serious help needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Using a seeded filter will help speed up your cycle. I'd add the ammonia right away instead of later as it will also speed up your cycle. Good luck!

Re: hi again....

Lonewolfblue said:
And greenmaji, thanks for the input on the meds. You all are a great group of people... :)

sorry for missing this.. :oops: I usually only find these when I do a search on my username :oops:
I dont check out this section of the forum very often.. I have a hard time not giving my oppionions about certian things that help cause illness IME.. but are popular practice now.. Ill try to keep quiet about it.. :?
In the case of your bala.. pysical injury's just happen and you could use some advice on the meds so I was happy to help out..
hows the balla doing? did the origianal treatment woop it or did you have to use the combo? I read thought it seemed like the original kicked it.. thats great.. but Im currious if it stuck..
btw.. if you see something you think I can help and Im just not responding its likely because Im cruzing SW and DIY alot more then the other area's if you need help answering a question or problem or have one yourself just PM me the link.. :wink:

Bala is doing great. Looked like it was getting worse wen I raised the temp, so I resorted to medicating and lowering the temp. I medicated as per instructions on the box. Tje eye was getting better by the time I stopped medicating, and was healing. The eye still looks punctured, but you can see his eyeball moving inside and he seems to at least have some sight, he definitely can tell movement. And the cat, whenever he sees here, even when she's just sitting on the couch, he goes berserk. LOL.

the cat fish thing is funny.. Going berserk is a common cause of these injurys.. too bad the fish has to react that way to the cat.. Glad to hear the fish is doing better..

One good thing is i moved some of the driftwood out into the new 55G, so there's less obstacles for him to run into. Can't wait to complete the cycling of the new tank. It's getting close. I pre-seeded the tank and filter, so it's going pretty quick. Then to move the eels and sharks to the 55G. Only problem is, if the cat finds out, she won't leave my bed, as the 55G is next to my bed in the master bedroom. :)

LOL Something funny just happened. The cat was on the arm of the couch with me just now, and she bolted at the tank, 1 leap to the cocktail table, and 1 leap to the tank. Thought she was going to go through the glass, lol. Was going at the Golden Dojo Loach, lol. Now she's trying hard to get the Bala again, lol. He's just sitting in the back corner though, not moving much, kind of hiding. But she still can see him, lol.

Update...

The eye seems to be healing nicely. Still looks like it had been punctured, but you can see his eyeball moving, and he can definitely see, as it doesn't matter which way he's facing, he sees other fish and movement. Also, been trying to keep the cat away more, so he doesn't get so aggitated. Tomorrow's the big move. He's going to the 55G, along with the eels and dojos and yoyo. Will move 3 of the 4 CAE's as well.

Back
Top Bottom