Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Exclamation Serpae Tetra with bad ich

[IMG][/IMG]My serpae tetra is covered in ich. We have 5 total tetra's and a few have one or two white spots but one has what looks like a severe case. From recommendation from Petco, we treated the tank with 6 doses of copper but that did not work, it's just been getting worse. I just treated the tank with Mardel Coppersafe in hopes that it will work. The tetra that has the worst case of ich has been resting on the rocks at the bottom of the tank. He is breathing, but seems to have no energy. Does anyone have any advice? Our heater is automatic so we cannot increase the temperature. The tank is 15 gallons.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 09-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Serpae Tetra with bad ich

That's odd, I can just make out the spots I think. Silly question but you are not running carbon, Purigen or a uv unit during treatment?

Old 09-29-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anything with malachite green should kill ick. Regardless of temperature.
Look at walmar for "parasite cure" (victoria green) or "quick cure" (formalin,malachite)
Old 09-30-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Unfortunately, that specific fish died yesterday after I posted this thread. I am very new to aquarium's so nothing is a silly question. The tank does have a carbon filter.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #5
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmosk9 View Post
Unfortunately, that specific fish died yesterday after I posted this thread. I am very new to aquarium's so nothing is a silly question. The tank does have a carbon filter.

Assumed you removed the carbon filter during treatment? Most meds will direct to do so if needed but wasn't sure on the one you used.

Tags
ich, serpae, serpae tetra, tetra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com