Sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just watched one of my Red Zebras "throw up"! It can ony be described as vomiting... He threw up whole bloodworms and a puff of brownish liquids which quickly dispurced into the water! He was fed about 1-2 hours ago. Should I be worried or does my lil guy just have an upset stomach? Maybe he ate too much? He didnt appear to be in pain it looks just like he spit something out right after he ate it like most all fish have been seen done this, but it was in like 4 little "pukes" one after the other. Normal swimming, no wierd acts, and I bet if I put food in the tank hell eat it.

Maybe the fish just ate too much? I can't think of anything that would cause them to throw up their food, except that they ate too much. Maybe someone else has an idea, but if it's acting normal, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Yup I think so too. But its just ive never seen a fish throw up before in my 6 years of keeping. I thought it was strange.

It seems strange, but fish can throw up too, especially if they eat too much, or if they have upset stomachs. :)

Back
Top Bottom