Sick angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasonC

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here we go again...

I have an angel... slightly larger than quarter size. Starting yesterday, he has become more and more lethargic. Today he is wedging himself in my floating pennywort or leaning against the glass at the top of the water in order to keep himself upright. If in open water, he swims very awkwardly, if not doing full out barrel rolls.

Only other symptom I can see is that he looks somewhat emaciated. He was added to the tank with another angel on March 29th. The other angel was actually disposed of on May 28th after exibiting the same symptoms. I decided to euthanize earlier on for fear of spreading disease in the tank... but now that a second is doing this, I want to know what is going on.

Water params:
Temp: 74.3
pH: 6.8
Ammonia: 0
NitrIte: 0
NitrAte: 15

I am going to go ahead and remove him to another tank... I just cant risk the rest of my tank on this. But I'd like to know what is going on, and if he can be treated. I am so sick of loosing fish at this point!

Thanks!

And I just got home and the angel is dead.

I am frustrated beyond belief right now!!!

WHY CANT I KEEP FISH ALIVE?!?!?!?!

And I just got home and the angel is dead.

I am frustrated beyond belief right now!!!

WHY CANT I KEEP FISH ALIVE?!?!?!?!

I feel the same way,i have two angels and one is acting the same as yours.I do everything i can to keep he water right but i still lose fish.And to think i chose fresh water because i thought salt would be too hard to keep up.

Don't give up on the angel fish if you like them.Its hard to tell if there even healthy from the store.Usually if you can keep them alive for a month they are ok and easy to keep.I bought mine dime size 3 at a time because 2 would usually die the first 2 weeks.After a month i had 3 that lived and i have had them a few yrs now.
img_992508_0_53c82223291f21eea27ab44f112881a2.jpg

Don't give up on the angel fish if you like them.Its hard to tell if there even healthy from the store.Usually if you can keep them alive for a month they are ok and easy to keep.I bought mine dime size 3 at a time because 2 would usually die the first 2 weeks.After a month i had 3 that lived and i have had them a few yrs now.
img_992687_0_53c82223291f21eea27ab44f112881a2.jpg

Thx for the advice,I dont think Ill give up just yet.I did lose the sick angel this morning but I have my eye on an almost all black one I think Ill get this weekend.I havent had angels in 20 years so im rusty and the water quality where I live is alot worse since then.

and by the way brutus,your tanks look amazing.even my wife who isnt really into fish was blown away by the live plants

I would look into raising your temperature. Not saying it's the cause of what's going wrong with your angel but everything I've read says that angels like higher temps

Back
Top Bottom