Sick Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffymcstuff

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I was just checking my fish and I noticed that one of my angels was acting weird and his antennae things are green like algae, also, his coloration is off. The other angel is perfectly fine, and the sick one stopped eating, I just did a fifteen percent change and the parameters are great except the ph is a little high. Help?

Attachments

• image-3618727289.jpg
    image-3618727289.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image-2110345035.jpg
    image-2110345035.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 61
A slight PH shift shouldn't be causing the symptoms. Can you post the exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? What do you feed and how much? He could just be bloated/constipated; you could try feeding him some pieces of thawed, deshelled frozen pea and then fasting for a day or two and see if that helps him. If not it could be an illness. What size tank and what other fish are in there?

4 BSTs
2 Angels
5 hy5s
3 platys (a male and two females)
10 neons
5 bloodfin
5 corys (3 albino and 2 peppered)
A huge pleco

60 gallon hexagon

No nitrites
40-80 (nearer 80) nitrates
Near 300 GH
No chlorine
Near 300 KH
Near 7.8 pH

Conditions have been consistently such for a month or so, I've had all these fish but the angelfish for two months and the angelfish for one to one and a half months. Just started acting up. Have had only two deaths in the tank of the existing schools, and all previous DGs died (roughly 6 of them).

Gaps and holes appearing along and inside the gills and fins forge sick one. May be gill and tail rot. :)P) Wat should I do? I think I'll treat with melafix. Thoughts? Desperate here!!

Are you testing with test strips??????

Either way your nitrates are WAY high! After it hits the 40 ppm mark nitrates are going to be super toxic to fish. I suggest you do a big PWC to lower them and see how the fish do.

Thanks! After the dosing of melafix I'll do a huge WC... I'll keep u posted!

Angel died last night!! :( m doing a water change hopefully tomorrow... Sad...!!!

Back
Top Bottom