Sick angelfish - Lymphocystis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoreFin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there. One of my angelfish has developed some white puffy sores near its gills and fins which has also gone red.

Does anyone know if this is Lymphocystis or something you might have seen before?

IMG_2955.jpg

If you hadn't lost your angel yet. Might wanta try aquarium salt and heat. Mine were covered in white just like yours. After I lost 4 out of 6 the 2 I have left are doing amazing after 2-3 days. Nothing else worked. My heat was on 87 degrees steady and in a hospital 10 gallon tote with a tablespoon on salt. Make sure you let the salt dissolve in a bowl at water change time. Add it to the tank water and leave it there for 2-3 days and vacuum the bottom when you start seeing less white spots. I pulled my fish out when I didn't see anymore. And put them in a different tank with clean water and another salt treatment. This seems to be working for me. I also feed them pebbles soaked in garlic juice most days. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom