Sick Aro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paoparodi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well.. Hi everyone! I'm from Gye, Ecuador...

I'm having some issues with my 17 cms arowana (Osteoglossum bicirrhosum) , some sort of worm- like parasite has started to grow from it's right lateral fin!

I've tried removing it twice already, with an eyebrows tweezers, but once it's out, a few days later it'll start growing again...

I'll attach some pics, hopefully someone can help me out...

Attachments

• image-264901633.jpg
    image-264901633.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2741652879.jpg
    image-2741652879.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 49
Yep, there for predators like your arow. there usually poorly cared for and loaded with parasites.

Yep, there for predators like your arow. there usually poorly cared for and loaded with parasites.

Well, my aro is still kind of small yet, I feed him with flies, raw fish, and all kind of bugs fits on it's mouth.. What about you! What fishes do you have on your tank?

Well nothing like your arow, though I always wanted a black one though. I have mainly tetras such as neon, bloodfins, and widows. Also have a Cory cat and an African feather fin catfish. Which I`ll be giving to my friend who has a 75 gallon. Great fish, just gets really big, and a beta. I`m starting a nano reef tank in about a week though, super excited.

Well man.. You've got some nice tropical fishes! Where are you from? Is hot where you live? I've some tetras too..

Attachments

• image-3275471939.jpg
    image-3275471939.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 46
Thanks and nice tetras, bleeding hearts right? I`m from Alabama and I don`t think it got above 55 today. Our weather is crazy here

Back
Top Bottom