Sick betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kwhite

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, my previously happy and active female crown tail has just been hanging out at the top of the tank and not eating since yesterday. I'm out of water testing supplies so I did a 75% water change and added a little salt, some quick start, some ammo lock, and some beta water conditioner. Trying to cover all my bases. During this, I discovered the filter wasn't running properly. No water was really running through it. I fiddled with it and it seems to be running properly again. Could the water not being filtered have made her feel bad? Should I do anything else at this point ( besides getting to the store for testing supplies) or do I just wait and see if she perks back up? She's in a 2.5 gal. No idea what the other params are till I get some supplies.

Please help! I love this pretty girl.

Check her for fungal infection....Sometimes my girls do the same not sure why ...... if she appears bloated, you could try a pea, boiled or heated in Microwave ...let it cool and give her a bit no bigger than her eye. Only use the inside, not the skin. She may not eat it right away be patient

Back
Top Bottom