Sick betta after vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishaFishay

Aquarium Advice Regular
So it's been 3 weeks since I went out of the country and I left my grandma in charge of my fishies . When I came back (Today in the morning) I went to see how he was and he was laying down with his head on the ground and body on top . He was bloated with pale color and ragged fins . I quickly cleaned out the water , added new with aquarium salt and put the temperature to 78°F and he seems to be getting a little color back . I feel really sorry for my old friend and don't want him to suffer more , he used to have pop eyes and tail rot and I cured him from that but now there's this . He lives in an aquafarm . What should I do ? He hasn't eaten since Saturday night . Can he recover or will he have to be euthanasized ? :(

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1435617070779.jpg
    1435617070779.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 85
So it's been 3 weeks since I went out of the country and I left my grandma in charge of my fishies . When I came back (Today in the morning) I went to see how he was and he was laying down with his head on the ground and body on top . He was bloated with pale color and ragged fins . I quickly cleaned out the water , added new with aquarium salt and put the temperature to 78°F and he seems to be getting a little color back . I feel really sorry for my old friend and don't want him to suffer more , he used to have pop eyes and tail rot and I cured him from that but now there's this . He lives in an aquafarm . What should I do ? He hasn't eaten since Saturday night . Can he recover or will he have to be euthanasized ? :(

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Give him a little more time. Give small, frequent water changes and see if he improves.

He may have been over fed and didn't have proper cleaning in his tank or at least not what he's used to.

If he's bloated give him a couple days hold off on the feeding. Not sure if you've heard of feeding a pea for bloating. Worked like a charm for me.

Also like said above frequent water changes about 25% daily or every 2 days. Keep a close eye on him. Hopefully everything works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He may have been over fed and didn't have proper cleaning in his tank or at least not what he's used to.

If he's bloated give him a couple days hold off on the feeding. Not sure if you've heard of feeding a pea for bloating. Worked like a charm for me.

Also like said above frequent water changes about 25% daily or every 2 days. Keep a close eye on him. Hopefully everything works out!

Thanks for the help ! Unfortunately he died two days ago :( rip blugo

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry to hear :(

Back
Top Bottom