Sick betta, need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sandrina

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and am seeking advice for my sick betta. I have had him for a year, he was won at the fair so I'm sure he didn't come from the best place. He has been healthy and happy for this past year but then over this past week I notice this white fuzz near his stomach. It's gotten worse and now seems like a hole is forming and his poo does not come off easily. It's attached to him for hours and this never used to happen. I've looked up the vets near me and I've found none that care for fish. I fear that he is in pain and don't know how to remedy this. I appreciate any and all advice! I've attached two pictures of him.

Attachments

• 20170430_084650.jpg
    20170430_084650.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20170430_084628.jpg
    20170430_084628.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 69
Not being able to take sick fish to a vet can be so frustrating!

For the constipation, try a shelled pea. I stick a couple of frozen peas in the microwave for 30 seconds and then put them through a garlic press. For one betta, you would only need one pea.

I'm not an expert on fungus, so I will defer there.

Is he swimming sideways?

Last edited:
Not being able to take sick fish to a vet can be so frustrating!

For the constipation, try a shelled pea. I stick a couple of frozen peas in the microwave for 30 seconds and then put them through a garlic press. For one betta, you would only need one pea.

I'm not an expert on fungus, so I will defer there.

Is he swimming sideways?
Thank you, I will try the pea. No, he's not swimming sideways, he is still active and eating well. I have cut back with food because it may be constipation. But other than what is shown in the pictures, he is acting fairly normal.

I used this stuff called life guard by jungle it's an all in one treatment for ich and fungus they are pre measured tablets I would give that a shot it worked for my killifish

Back
Top Bottom