Sick Betta very lethargic slight pine coning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunsetglory

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Betta has been very lethargic for about a day and a half now floating near the surface. Did a 50% water change yesterday to see if that would help. Has not been eating. Notices that his scales looking at him from above are slightly lifted. However there is no bloating or other symptoms. He is currently at the bottom of his tank.

He lives in a 20 litre tank with a heater set to 25 degrees, and a filter as well as drift wood and live plants.
Tank parameters:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0

I don’t want to loose him as I’ve only had him a week but have no idea what is wrong with him.

if scales are raised out from the body then that would be a sign of dropsy. lethargic behavior and difficulty swimming or keeping balance is also a sign. if it is dropsy then treating early is best. once it gets to bloating and more raised scales it will most likely be a lost cause. any pictures you could provide? any other info on the tank like other inhabitants, water temp, ph, kh, gh?

Hi
No other inhabitants, tank temperature is kept at 25 degrees C. pH is 6.8. I don’t have test kits for kh or gh

Use meds for dropsy immediately. Once it sets in it's hard to cure. Advanced cases I've never seen a fish pull out of it.

Dropsey

What’s the best medication for dropsy in a Betta?

I’m using Kanaplex but since I couldn’t find it anywhere but online it took awhile before I could treat him. I’m not sure if he’s going to make it. I’ll be giving him his third dose today. They say ,no more than three doses. Look it up and it will tell you how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom