Sick Black Moor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatieC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I had my goldfish and a black moor in an 100L cycled tank (ammonia, nitrates and nitrites are all perfect). Recently the black moor became sick and got white slime patches all over it and was lying on it's side at the bottom of the tank. I moved the black moor to a 15L hospital tank and treated it with melafix and pimafix and did daily water changes. It seemed to be getting better but then the white patches came back again. I've been treating it for three weeks now I used pimafix and melafix for the first two, and then switched to interpet anti slime and velvet but it just stayed the same and is still lying on its side. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if anyone has any advice that would be great thanks.

I am guessing you reside in country that doesn't allow access to antibiotics without a vet script. My suggestion would be daily water changes, a low dose of aq salt (.1%/1tsp/g), and methylene blue either in tank or as a daily bath. Make sure the salt is predissolved in conditioned water & added gradually over 24hrs. Only add back the salt you remove with water changes- ie, 50% wc, add back 1/2 original dose. 15l is very small for any goldfish- you may want to consider moving him back to his regular tank if there are no other fish. Keep us posted!

Thanks, I'll try that, unfortunately I can't move him back to his other tank as the other goldfish is in there, but I will when he's better

Back
Top Bottom