Sick blue ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, 1 of my blue rams is lying on bottom of tank. I did a large pwc yesterday but this morning he is still there. There is no visible signs of disease or injury apart from he looks a little darker in colour. What can I do?
Stock -
2 blue rams
2 gold rams
2 mettalic rams
2 honey gouramis
Snail
Corys
Neons
Zebra danios
6 platys

My tank is planted and is 190 litre.
It is fully cycled and readings were 0 ammonia yesterday, 0 nitrites and 8 nitrates.

That's what it sounds like unfortunately once they start laying on their sides it's pretty much over in my experience.

He was fine up until yesterday and then started sitting on sand - not on it's side though. It was swimming around a bit today but is still resting on the bottom more than it used to.

I've had the tank about 8 months and the gbr about 2-3 months. They have been fine up till now. I was a fee days over my pwc date so maybe that what has caused it?

Scottishnewbie said:
I've had the tank about 8 months and the gbr about 2-3 months. They have been fine up till now. I was a fee days over my pwc date so maybe that what has caused it?

Maybe, but it is hard to believe, because your Nitrates are really low (8ppm) so even with a late PWC, I don't think that you nitrates are to high.
But It is a good idea to check the water quality.

An update
Today my ram is swimming around more and not sitting on bottom :)
He is still a bit darker than he used to be and you don't see all his colours but again I don't think it's so bad as the last couple of days.
Is there anything I can do to help him more? I haven't used any meds yet as I don't know which one to use.
Any more help would be appreciated x

Scottishnewbie said:
An update
Today my ram is swimming around more and not sitting on bottom :)
He is still a bit darker than he used to be and you don't see all his colours but again I don't think it's so bad as the last couple of days.
Is there anything I can do to help him more? I haven't used any meds yet as I don't know which one to use.
Any more help would be appreciated x

I guess just raise the temp a little, and do frequent smaller changes?

Another update!!

My ram seems fine, colour back to normal too!! It's eating and swimming normally too. So so happy - thanks for your help! x

Back
Top Bottom