Sick Cichlid?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CameronCade

Aquarium Advice Freak
My socolofi was just sitting at the bottom leaning side ways at times. The other guys were picking on him. What should I do? I took him out and put him a bucket with a bubbler. I have a 2 gallon tank that has no good bacteria built up and has been empty for months. I thought a bucket would be better cuz its darker. What else should I do and why is acting like this?

Attachments

• image-695889997.jpg
    image-695889997.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 69
It could be bullying. You were smart to remove him. Two gallons is a small tank but he still looks small, so it might work to nurse him back to health. Seed the filter with media from the old tank and keep up with water changes. Good luck.

What else is in the tank? If there is a fish that is getting bullied to death, it's possible you might have to adjust your stock list to prevent more of the same in the future.

Actually his one of the dominant ones. And now my orange one is doing the same thing?! And he has some big eyes. Like pop eye disease. I did about 40% water change and thinking about doing another one.

Have you tested your water for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

Clean water never hurts IMO.

I've had my tank up and running for two weeks and both of my filter pads are brown. I knew cichlids were filthy but didn't expect that bad

What kind of cichlids? Not trying to pester you, but it does matter.... :)

Majority are types of zebras. And have a male female Auratus. And a odd peacock

I have two cichlids that just sit on the bottom. It's like their bottom have of the fish can't swim. Like its paralyzed.

Back
Top Bottom