Sick clown loachies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leeandvanessa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I put a new filter in my 90L tank, all fish have died except 3 but they are lying on their side, panting. It is like they are paralyised. They have been like that for 2 days. I am concerned they are in pain, what should I do? All levels and temp ok and unchanged. Tank has been established for 3years.

leeandvanessa said:
I put a new filter in my 90L tank, all fish have died except 3 but they are lying on their side, panting. It is like they are paralyised. They have been like that for 2 days. I am concerned they are in pain, what should I do? All levels and temp ok and unchanged. Tank has been established for 3years.

Hi and welcome!
Did you keep the old filter media and put it in the new filter? If not you have thrown your tank into a cycle. What are you using to test? You need To do a large water change with temperature matched dechlorinated water ASAP! Your fish are being poisoned by ammonia build up.

Thanks

I have done. I appreciate your help. I'm devastated. I shouldn't have listened to pet shop lady. In 8years of having these beaut creatures I haven't had a mass extinction.

Back
Top Bottom