Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sick Cory Catfish, need to identify cause

My Cory Catfish has had a small round white spot of growth at the end base of her top fin. It has been there for about a week now, with no present symptoms.My corys are my oldest and most loved fish and I don't want her to die.

65gallon.
Good conditions.
My tanks other fish, a lot of platys, have had babies recently.
Corys have laid eggs in past.

Also I would like to post a picture but I am on my phone and cannot seem to get the photo her, I you want please tell me how to add the picture.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If the growth is a small white "fuzzy" variety, it's likely just a fungus that's taken root on an injury. Clean water and a good diet should heal it up.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

One more thing. If the growth looks more like a non-fuzzy, smooth, white discoloration, that's a serious problem, maybe Columnaris. If you determine that's the case, IMO it's best to euthanize the fish.

Tags
catfish, cory, cory cat, cory catfish, fish, ick, identify, sick, sick cory

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com