Sick Corydora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steg22

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I found my Venezuelan cory just floating in the middle of my plants today whilst feeding, I thought he was dead but when I went to grab him he shot off but now he's back to just laying there while all his mates are sniffing around the sand for the food, what could be wrong with him? Help me please!!!

Thanks in advance guys and girls!

Ahhh another mysterious floating Cory ! I keep hearing the Same thing w these fish. I have one myself. Don't expect an answer. Best I have heard is that some are just defective. :(

I have always done this with my bettas it definitely helps, to be fair though and if getting a varied diet they should be fine, I'm pretty sure Steg feeds his the new era plec pellets which are jam packed full of beneficial veg and algae.

yeah i do man, followed by new era flake, and the gamma blister frozen, i might stick a pea in though lol, how do you prepare it? plus the others that you give me are more than fine, in fact the sterbais seem to be getting massive! and i do two 35-40% changes a week so its not the water quality! he looked a bit better last night but i still caught him just floating in a plant half way up the tank. gutted though because they are the best cories by far!

i also give the occasional live but there seems to be mixed feelings about feeding your fish live, maybe ill just stick to the pellets, flake and frozen

The live is not always a good idea although your fish love it you can introduce stuff you don't want from time to time. Do you wash your live? I doubt very much it's gut related does he look Bloated?
Trust me mate if your feeding the new era you won't need any supplemental veg but when I feed my peas I usually just defrost them and shell them.

no he doesn't look bloated, but i will stop adding it just to be safe, there's enough out there to not have to use it.

so do i on a monday, and they only get one feed at 5pm and every other day a chopped up plec pellet goes in there as well, it used to be a whole one but i started chopping it in for to give them all chance of getting round it

Back
Top Bottom