sick corydora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fidgetromeo

Aquarium Advice Activist
im worried about my corydora and dont know what to do, ive had problems keeping corydora for some reason but this one has lasted a full year and hes the last one in the tank. he looks normal except the barbels are worn down to nothing, and behaviourly... hes mostly just sat there in a corner, though he does come out to feed. any ideas whats wrong or how i can help him?

What gravel, he's the only one? Not good they like schooling and if there barbels r gone well

Yes gravel and I know they're a social fish, I bought another 12 to keep him company in November and every one of them died. None of my other fish are dying and there's no sign of diseases

Hmmm is it like big sharp gravel or smooth pellets or sand. If possible could u send a pic of ur tank

I've heard they like sand better because it doesn't run done their barbels.

I heard that too but he's been in there ok for about a year now, and the way he looks now I don't really want to move him to my other (sand bottomed) tank I think the stress of the move would be too much

76962-albums12006-picture65370.png
best pic i could get of him

He looks pretty good maybe he's still lonely Idk is there any fish in ur tank that could be harassing him

Other than the barbels he looks great, behaviour seems like he's depressed. I've not seem him being harassed, he's in with neon tetra and tiger barbs, they seem to ignore him completely from what I've seen

Them maybe he just wants a friend I mean I honestly don't known of ur other fish ain't dying

I totally agree!!! Get him some friends, maybe just get at least 5 others... And then see how it goes. But he looks good .

Back
Top Bottom