Sick Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

I was cleaning the tank today and took the filter parts out to wash them in the aquarium water.

After doing so and putting back into the tank and carrying on adding my rocks etc back into the cleaned tank, I noticed something flickering inside the filter tube.....I thought it was our bottom feeder giving me a helping hand until I looked closer and saw one of our beautiful danios actually stuck inside the bottom part of the filter tube. (we have an aqua szut tank)

No idea how he managed that as I had not removed the bottom part of the filter tube whilst cleaning.

I took the bottom off and released him back into the tank but I've just had a look at him and he's covered in red blotches and has a little bit of a tear above one of his eyes. (I've attached a video which probably isn't very clear but tried my best!) He also seems disorientated, (not surprised after what he's been through!).....but do I need to do anything to help him heal or do you think he won't make it? Please advise so I'm prepared for the worst! Thanks! XX

Hello!

I actually had a fish take a journey through the siphon hose the other day :D

Best thing I would do for him is quarantine and and do daily water changes. A salt bath may also help speed his recovery and help him fight infection through his wounds.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom