Sick discus? Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone ever seen this on discus or any other fish for that matter? It looks like tiny little white spots but they seem to follow the fishes lines. I've seen my discus get stressed and dark before, but never noticed this. Please advise. Thanks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431224317.036022.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431224333.870853.jpg

83, and it's been the same for a year. I suppose I should have mentioned it happened when I did a re scape on my tank and about a 50% wc. I have done the same thing before though and no issue.

I'm a little concerned about the other fish in the tank at that temp. I have 2 rainbows a school of pristella tetras, 2 juvenile electric blue rams an SAE and a bristlenose pleco.

Are you sure those aren't micro bubbles from the waterchange?
Some of my fish swim right into the new water!
The rams won't mind the heat(they'll hang with the discus to 90 easy IMO),but can't say for the others.
Are the spots going away.
Do you know disease symptoms?
Any of the other fish new or look similar?

Pristellas should be able to handle the heat too, as should the pleco since they're very hardy. I agree they kind of look like microbubbles especially since they're following a pattern.

Back
Top Bottom