Sick dojo loach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingyo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had this dojo loach for a few months now, the tank is 75 gallons and also has two 3 inch common goldfish. He has a white splotch with a bit of red in the center. It seems to be in the skin instead of a fungus on the skin. The loach has been very legarthic and barely eats, when he does swim he turns upside down or sideways.
The tank has also been having issues with a cloudy green algae, but it has cleared up with less light and frequent water changes.

What type of illness is this, and what should it be treated with? I can move the loach to a separate tank if needed.

Attachments

• 01 sick dojo.jpg
    01 sick dojo.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 107
Welcome to AA!!!

Can you please post your parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph) and water change schedule (%/#wk)? Do you frequent gravel vacs as part of your weekly maintenance routine? What country do you live in (specifics are not needed- just a country name)?

From your pic, it appears he has an sore/ulcer on his back. Is this correct? Is it possible to get a closer pic of this area? The sore combined with his behavior indicate he likely has a serious bacterial infection. If you have a qt tank, I would move him to this promptly.

Treatment suggestions will be based upon your parameters and what type of meds you have access to (some countries have very strict limits on fish meds). We can offer further advice once we have some more information! :)

Back
Top Bottom