sick dwarf gourami and pop eye catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bowlinglizard

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

My tank is a 10gallon Chi aquarium. I have 4 neons, a corey catfish, and a dwarf gourami who is a joy! The tank has been set up for 6months and has been doing great. However, I had a family emergency and did neglect the tank a little bit. My cousin was caring for my fish for me but apparently didn't know as much as he said. he way over fed the fish and the nitrite levels got to about 2.5ppm. Today, when I returned home after a month of being gone, I have lost 1 neon, my coreycat has pop eye, and my gourami is laying on the bottom of the tank breathing heavily. Every once in awhile he will struggle to swim to the top of the tank, (take a breath?) then sinks back to the bottom. I did an immediate 50% water change. I really don't want to lose my catfish but especially dont want to lose my gourami. I am a special education teacher and he was given to me by one of my down syndrome students who is simply love. Does anyone else have any advice? Please... :(

Back
Top Bottom