sick dwarf yellow gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got 7 gouramis. Whwn i notice what looked to be a bubble nest so i just stared at my tank looking who it could be. When i notice flash who is the only one that does not have a partner is not being flash no more. Hes not active at all as you can guess how he got his name, he spits his food back out and just sit near the top of the tank under the plants. This tank gets 5 gallon water change every day to suck all the poop out from the guppies and 15 gallon evey weekend. Nothing had reallt change other then adding a gourami who was in qt from the lfs. All the other fish are good showing no signs of stress. Is there anything i could do to make flash flash again. Really makes me sad not seeing him being himself. Ammo 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate around 15-20.water temp at 26c, its a well planted tank with co2 injection. Ph is between 7.2-7.4. Its a 40 gallon tank. If i missed anything i be more then happy to give

Could be anything from constipation to internal parasites, I'd start with adding Epsom salt dosed at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons then replace the only the salt you've removed during water changes. If this doesn't relive the pressure then I'd isolate and treat with medication, using something with metrozoindale and praziquental.

Good looking fish by the way, I don't see those color morphs here in the states.

Last edited:
Just worried if i move him to a new tank it put more stress on him, i have otos not sure how well the salt will work. I think moving him is my only option and just hope for the best.

R.I.P my little buddy. i thought i share a photo of him when he was in his prime
74098-albums12331-picture56632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom