Sick Figure 8?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi All,

I have a figure 8 puffer that has been with me for probably over 2 years now. Within the last month he developed a white rash-looking area on his left side. He has other white spots around his body, but this one concerns me - I don't know why - it's not raised. Any ideas?

Hey..you're in Jersey!! Where at??? I was raised in Jersey and lived there for 22 years.

The first thing you should always do when anything wrong is suspected with the fish or the tank is to test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH. This will confirm or deny any influence of the bio. Please post results. Numbers please :)

How big is the tank?
Type of filter?
How long has it been up and running with fish in it?
Are there any other fish in the tank? If so, what fish do you have and who's the newest?

It may be a good idea to isolate him in a QT if there are other fish and offer garlic soaked food once or twice a week until the puffer's condition improves. Kent Marine has Garlic Extreme and Seachem has Garlic Guard.

Back
Top Bottom