Sick fire eel please Help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tremper51

Aquarium Advice Newbie
last night i went to go feed my fire eel and tiger oscar and i noticed my fire eel acting strange and not coming out for food which was strange because he was always the 1st one out begging at the top of the tank for food...i took a closer look and he seem rigid and had a slight glazing of the eyes but once i got close to him he swam away just fine...this morning he was on the bottom of the tank upside down only breathing and not moving..he had very glzed eyes and white bloches all over him but the were part of his color almost not a white cottton like fungus.,,,can anybody help...water parameters... ammonia=0 nitrite=0 nitrate=abt 20 ph=7.8.........75gal tank fully cycled,sand bottom lots of hiding spots for an eel........eel is abt 9 inchs oscar is abt 3

more help please

hello im hoping someone can help me soon or maybe give me some ideas..i lost my fire eel this morning and notice that my oscar is starting to develop some of the same problem my eel did...again water qualities are all okay...i have an API master test kit and check them 3 times a week last water change was 25 gals abt 2 weeks ago and i used all proper water conditioners...i took pictures but could not figure out how to post them..pretty much white spots not strinky or cotton like just white bloches almoat looks like a bunch of sand stuck to his sides and fins and mouth...any advice much needed

White spots like what u are describing sound like Ich. Raise the heat to 86 degrees and leave it there for at least a week after all the spots are gone. I always add a therapeutic dose of aquarium salt too some people have weird issues with salt I personally find it amazing

Back
Top Bottom