Sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannidyer_x

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently purchased some new fish but my older fish have suddenly come out with diseases and seen really sick I've spent hours researching and can't work out what is wrong !the water has been tested and its normal

Attachments

• IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3580.jpg
    IMG_3580.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3583.jpg
    IMG_3583.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 34
Almost looks like anchor worm.
Not sure whats up with the sores, they could be secondary bacterial infection caused by the worms burrowing.
Im just kinda guessing at this point.
I raise guppies, not big fish.
Treatment would involve a medication known as "general cure" but dont go rush out and buy it, its expensive. It contains Praziquentel, a dewormer, and metronidazole, an internal antibiotic.
Tho im not sure about this one kinda has me stumped, that dosent happen often im usually pretty good at diagnosing fish disease.
Wait for second opinions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...=ZLzZV8uuD8SF-gHwiZugDw#imgrc=-Q0B7FuudxPVXM:
You could also just buy straight praziquentel and allow the wounds to heal on their own, or buy another antibiotic. One that would heal those wounds is known as Nitrufurazone and is avaliable at walmart called Jungle brand "fungus cure"
Its like 4 dollars and it works as a antibiotic/antimicrobial to heal those wounds
really does look like anchor worms.

Back
Top Bottom