Sick Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crystalbettas

Aquarium Advice Activist
This betta has been deteriorating for months and I tried everything people told me to do. Nothing worked. So i finally decided to tell people to piss off and do what i think is best. although i'm curious to see what actual fish keepers will think versus what these other people have told me.

Right now i'm treating this fish for velvet and fin rot. the velvet treatment has been going on for about four days. i'm using Copper-Aid and covering the tank with a thick dark towel to keep the light out. i didn't want to mix both the fin rot and the velvet treatments so i'm going to work on the fin rot once the velvet seems to be gone.

the fin rot treatment is a general fungus cure that i'm actually giving one of my other bettas to help with his possible fin rot as well.

i just want to ask, am i right about what this is? is this velvet and fin rot? his normal coloring is blue and white. he's a beautiful betta. i had no idea about the color change until i shined a light directly on him and saw this. am i treating this the right way?

Before i added the copper solution i changed about 95% of the tanks water. i took the carbon filter cartridge out and continued to run the filter for the proper air flow. he has a proper heater and overall there's nothing wrong with his water. i test all of my tanks regularly and his tank is usually one of the best.

if i filter and heat the tank and the parameters are fine, why did this happen? how?

if anyone can answer these questions i'd be very grateful. i hate to see this poor guy suffer and i need to know that what i'm doing is the best thing i can do.

Attachments

• IMG_7070.JPG
    IMG_7070.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7190.JPG
    IMG_7190.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7194.JPG
    IMG_7194.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom