Sick fish with white bumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alicappello

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I am very new to the fresh water world, I had a salt water tank a few years ago, but changed to freshwater a few months ago. One of my fish has white bumps. Reading others blogs I think it could be ich, but I'm not sure, also is there any cure for it?

Please take a look at the picture I included.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 675
It certainly looks like ich. The best cure is to slowly raise the temps to 87 and leave it there for 2 weeks after the last spot of ich is gone. What size tank, what are the inhabitants. I'm sorry but I can't tell from the pic what kind of fish that is? What are your parameters? There is a sticky at the beginning of this forum with questions that are helpful to us if you answer them.

It looks to me like a Parrot. I agree with Anne. Bump up the temp slowly over a few days. Adding Freshwater Aquarium salt slowly. Keep it that way for 2 weeks after its gone. Is this the only fish in the tank?

Yes it is a parrot, right now he is the only fish, I had a fish that was mean, and started eating my two other fish. I also have a little from, he doesnt seem to be affected buy the ich. My tank is 25 gallons.

The tank size will need to be upgraded in the near future. Parrots grow large in size and girth.

Stick to the heat method and you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom