Sick Freshwater Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know there's drops on the market made of garlic that's supposed to increase the appetite of a fish. You are supposed to put the drops on the fish food. That is also worth a shot.

I know there's drops on the market made of garlic that's supposed to increase the appetite of a fish. You are supposed to put the drops on the fish food. That is also worth a shot.

Yeah it is, but don't they generally use their sense of smell anyway?

Yeah it is, but don't they generally use their sense of smell anyway?

It increases their appetite as they eat it, so they are more apt to wolf down the food rather than pick at it. It comes in a small glass bottle. You just put a few drops directly on the fish food before you put it in the tank.

Well I took Sharkey out if the main tank so that when I try to feed him Priscilla doesn't eat any excess food lingering around. So I fed him some pellets that are supposed to contain pea nutrients, so I figure that would help if it's a swim bladder issue. Sharkey swallowed a good number of pellets and the started spittin them up, I guess we need to take baby steps. So I followed up by feeding him 2 more pellets and left it at that. Hopefully he will get his appetite back.

Back
Top Bottom