Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2015, 12:45 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah I know I am silly sometimes and tend to over-think things. To be fair though I have ever only dealt with an ich outbreak twice since starting in the hobby about 9 months ago, so my experience with fish disease in general is pretty limited at this point. It is definitely ich that she has, I am just used to seeing much smaller spots. The spot she has looks like this:

When I am used to seeing ich look a lot more like this, smaller spots but a lot of them, like they've been dusted with table salt:

Old 08-31-2015, 04:01 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

She doesn't seem to be responding to the ich meds. I am using Kordon Rid Ich Plus, and it doesn't seem to be dealing with the spot. If anything it's a little bigger. Her eyes are starting to look cloudy too. I am starting to wonder if I am dealing with some sort of parasite instead. Ugh. I took my carbon out of course, and have been giving her ich meds for 5 days now without any success. Should I do a water change and run some carbon to take out the Rid Ich meds, and then try treating her with PraziPro or something instead? Thanks in advance for any and all of your help, she has been hanging in there and I really want to see her get better!

Old 08-31-2015, 07:13 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Use carbon,change water.
If the rid ich made no impact try a week of good waterchanges.
Eye issues are usually bacterial.
coralbandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:54 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

During the ich meds time I was doing daily 25% PWC before each dose. What I read up on parasites said that since she has a good appetite, but is on the thin side, she still has that weird spot under her skin coming out, and her eyes are starting to look cloudy. Supposedly that can be a sign of an internal parasite too. Either way the water changes couldn't hurt!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:23 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

if you truly suspect internal parasite praziquantel(prazi pro/praztastic) is a very safe med to use IMO , but have at it once you get the rid ich out.
The MG in rid ich shouldn't be mixed with many meds not sure on the prazi but better safe then sorry.
Good luck !
coralbandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:47 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Definitely a good idea. Thank you again for your advice. I will continue my water changes and run some carbon for a few days, then start her on PraziPro. Will keep you guys updated!

Tags
gbr, help me, ick, identify, pic, picture, pictures, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com