sick glass cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Megalofyia

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my glass cats was acting funny about a week ago. Doing flips in the water and generally acting like the swim bladder was injured or malfunctioning. I separated him from the group and now he just lays at the bottom of the tank not moving till I touch him. Then he swims around for a little bit before going back to resting on the bottom.

What should I do?

Its hard to say exactly what to do when we don't know whats causing the probs. Could have been an injury, disease, even water parameter although I kinda doubt that.

I'd leave him be for now; just keep the water pristine, the lights low and reduce stress on him as much as possible. I hate to recommend meds without knowing what the prob is. The wrong med can be worse then no med at all.

Yeah if I could figure out how he got in this state in the first place it would help. So just do what I have already been doing and just wait for him to die?
The water paramters are good in the tank he came from.
Thanks for you responce.

I hate to say it, but things don't sound promising. When fish lie on the bottom of the tank its usually close to the end. That being said, fish HAVE managed to come back from such dire straits, so as long as he doesn't appear to be suffering I wouldn't euthanise him yet.

Back
Top Bottom