sick goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24kgold

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my goldfish for 2.5 years. In may he started developing swim bladder problems. Every couple of weeks he would be floating upside down at the top of the tank. I would give him a few peas and everything would be fine. Things progressed and he usually had about 3 incidents a week. 7 days ago i noticed he was laying on his side in the bottom of the tank gasping, i gave him some peas and a few hours later he was fine again. 4 days ago he was on his side again and this time he has not gotten better. At this point he can barley swim. He is still eating which I hope is a good sign. I was still feeding him peas and just gave him some Repashy superfood that came in the mail yesterday. His tank mate is completely fine so the issue is isolated to just the one fish. The water is also fine but I am still doing around 10% changes everyday to make sure he has fresh water.

Any advice on what to do, I really don't want to loose him.

here are some pictures, I don't know why they uploaded upside down

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

Telling us the water is fine doesnt help. What is his other tank mates, how long has the tank been setup, how often do you do water changes, how much water do you change, what are the actually parameters (using liquid test kit), how much do you feed him, how often do you feed, what do you feed, what is the temp of the tank.

We need all that info to really start giving you advice on where and what to do next.

Please add some additional information.

Water parameters are critical to know.

Is the filter established with beneficial bacteria /BB? If you change the filter pads or wash them with tap water it will kill the BB and you have to start over. These are things that will cause fish to suffer internal injury.

Have you ever treated the fish with antibiotics?

Back
Top Bottom