Sick Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fastfossil

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two gourami's one male dwarf and one normal female in a 10 gallon tank with one catfish now removed to another tank.
The male dwarf gourami looks dull and as if he has a grayish coat on him with clamped fins. I diagnosed it to be velvet but treatment using King British velvet treatment has done nothing to help him as he is still flicking and otherwise remains motionless. I have had him for 5 months. The other Gourami is fine with no issues I did a 50% WC and have after 2weeks changed to salt treatment removed my only catfish and plants to another tank at the risk to save my Gourami as they are like pets that greet me every day. I do weekly 30% water change and all my water stats are within line of normal.I have heard of dwarf gourami disease but no nothing more?
Any body Gourami lovers that have had this issue or if you might know
PLEASE HELP

P.S I know I need a hospital tank but have recently had a guppies and a molly pop so it is a baby tank for now

Attachments

• DSC01722.jpg
    DSC01722.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC01723.jpg
    DSC01723.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 74
The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. My dwarfs were fine, I added an opaline gourami a couple days later half of the dwarfs body turned brownish gray and they died within 2 days.:(

SALT WATER IS THE BEST 3/4 per gallon after 50% water change and the next morning I have a fish on steroids YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEE and after two weeks hassles

Back
Top Bottom