Sick gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My heater went out three days ago and now one of my Gouramis is acting weird. Bought s new heater since then so that is under control.Noticed a white spot on the tail today. Any ideas? Thanks. Should I treat with salt and how much. It is a 24 gallon tank. There are five Gouramis and two loaches in there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Attachments

• image-2535054754.jpg
    image-2535054754.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 81
5 gouramis is alot, especially if they are males.

It kind of looks like a little spot of fungus, what are your water parameters?

I tested the water and everything is good. I have been treating with Aquari-sol. The white spot is just about gone and the gourami seems to be coming around. Believe it or not all five of them get along great. There was another blue gourami in the tank that had to be rehomed. He was a little too aggressive. Two of them are pearl Gouramis, one is a blue, one is a gold, and the other is a blue paradise.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

I have a number of gouramies in my tank and they seem to get on ok. I suspect that they have had a scrap at some point as one had a chunk missing out of his side. He is better now. Keeping more females then males seems to keep there temper under control. They don't appear to be as aggressive as people say unless I am just lucky.

Back
Top Bottom