Sick gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not sure if anything is wrong with him but lately he's been not as active and hanging out toward the bottom of the tank and generally hiding. He used to be pretty active and swimming around and such but not so much lately, I also don't really see him eat anymore (used to be a pig). It's hard to tell from this picture but he has also developed some type of darker line on him, ranging from his head behind his eyes angling down toward his fins. Not sure if it means anything but any suggestions would be helpful.

Attachments

• image-311548134.jpg
    image-311548134.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 68
How long have you had the tank? What size is it? Tank mates? Have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? If so what are the levels? How often do you do water changes? More info would help :)

Is the streak red? Does the fish have any wounds, open or ones that had healed? I'm thinking possible septicemia but that's just off the top of my head, hard to tell without more info and maybe a better photo.

How long have you had the tank? What size is it? Tank mates? Have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? If so what are the levels? How often do you do water changes? More info would help :)

Is the streak red? Does the fish have any wounds, open or ones that had healed? I'm thinking possible septicemia but that's just off the top of my head, hard to tell without more info and maybe a better photo.

Tank has been running since Xmas, it's 37 gal and I have a blue gourami, 3 tetras, Dalmatian Molly, cremecicle Molly, Platty and a Cory cat. Just did a water change on Thursday and a test last night. Everything seemed ok but nitrates were at 40. I change water once a week and it has never had any injuries before. The Cory cat and the cremecicle are the newest and it has been hiding and acting like this since I added them

Back
Top Bottom