Sick Gourami! Cory tankmate question when medicating.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

College Kid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Please bear with me, the background may be a bit long.

In my 15g my dwarf emerald gourami, named Simba, is sick with white bumps on his sides between his pectoral fins and dorsal fin. I say bumps because i have successfully treated some run-ins with ich before and it really doesnt look like ich spots and look a little more pronounced. After a bit of research, ive concluded that it really looks like some kind of fungus i think brought on by stress from an injury awhile ago that still healing. I have tetra lifeguard from a little while ago after treating my betta successfully in my 5.5g. Unfortunately, i don't have a hospital tank, so i moved the ghost shrimp from my 15g into my 5.5 with the betta and put my first treatment of lifeguard in today and went to class. dumb me forgot that its not all too safe for my corys as they are scaleless. Now theyre acting a bit... well.... drunk.

Can I move those corys (3 of them) into the 5.5 for the duration of the treatment (bout a week)? The only fish left in the 15 if they are moved would be the gourami and 5 danios. since all the other fish in the 15, except the gourami, look absolutely fine would there be a problem in moving the 3 corys into the betta's 5.5g?

i think it will be fine, maybe do an extra water change on the 5.5 gallon tank during the week and you shouldn't have any problems

Cool, thanks! Though I think I'm going to switch ti primafix/melafix since I've read that they're alright with corys and so I don't have to use lifeguard and kill my BB.

Back
Top Bottom