sick guppies and mollies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beernboots

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 gallon tank. It is a little over stocked but I'm filter with a 30 topfin and a 50 bio wheel. This week I lost 3 guppies and a molly. The guppies just got lethargic stayed in a corner and dies. The Molly looked like its back was broke and made it most of the week. Now I got another Molly with the same problem and another sick guppy. Any advise?

ForumRunner_20120615_120023.jpg

No the guppies looked fine just dead. And the mollies got that weird broken back look. That all I know. I just releast my sick guppy back after he was quarantine for a night he seems to be ok.

Forgot to say the only mollies that are acting funny are my black ones.

Since the tank is a little over stocked I was wondering if maybe they not gettin enough oxygen. This is really freakin me out and I don't wanna loose my fish.

That could be the many reason of why are all the fish staying or coming to the top a lot

Not really. I do have a peacock eel but he keeps to himself and really doesn't come out much. I got mostly mollies platties and guppies.

Try a 50% water change do u have any testing sticks to test the water there might be to much ammonia in the tank

My perimeters are 0-0-10. And I do a water change at least twice a week.

I might just be from over population then could you move some of the sick fish and see if the get better when they are on there own

Ok will try as soon as I got a free tank both my 10 and my 2 full right now. Got babies in one and fish having babies in other.

Are the really big when the die like the have a really full stomach

No the guppies look normal but the Molly shriveled up even though he was eating.

The mollys back tail turns to a point and stops working. The fins not gettin eaten. They just slowly draw up.

If u have a breeding net could put the fish that are having babies in there an move the sick fish in to the tank for one night that way u will find out if it is the water in the tank

Now I got another black Molly doin the same I just noticed her.

Back
Top Bottom