Sick guppy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loopyworm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, last week one I noticed one of my male guppies was looking very thin and was starting to develop a bit of a curved back. He was still eating, but would spend all his time swimming alone at the top of the tank. Yesterday I found him lying at the bottom of the tank under the heater so I moved him to a small tank by himself. He ate a little last night, but today he won't eat and just lies on the bottom of the tank. Occasionally he will swim around the very bottom of the tank and he swam around the middle when I did a small water change. Does anybody have any idea as to what might be wrong with him?

Was his skin "tanish" at time of death, was there any fungus lookin stuff on his skin. If so it could be a serious disease called flexibacterium columnaris. It could kill all your fish, its good to Q him. Like deva said keep an eye on the others and let us know.

Hmm, nope his skin/scales looked fine. He still had all his colour too. He was just really really skinny and had a bit if a bent spine. As for the other tank, they all seem fine and are all eating. I've been medicating their food with a parasite medication for a 6 days now, just in case it was a parasite.

Back
Top Bottom