sick guppy with raised scales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's good to hear :) If it's caught in early stages, it can be stopped. Hope the A.S. works and I'll be waiting to make sure of the results!

Shes had her bath and is back in the tank. She seemed a bit stressed at first and went and hid behind the pump but shes back to moochin about with her sister now. I think moving her about is hard on her, is every day too much?

her pineconing seems to be reducing but she is still swollen. I tried take a pic but she is being wary of me now and swims off when i approach the tank.

Shes had her bath and is back in the tank. She seemed a bit stressed at first and went and hid behind the pump but shes back to moochin about with her sister now. I think moving her about is hard on her, is every day too much?

her pineconing seems to be reducing but she is still swollen. I tried take a pic but she is being wary of me now and swims off when i approach the tank.
----
I would use the aquarium salt in the entire tank imo; less stress on her, and it can help keep any lurking bacteria that may have caused it at bay

She does look better it may take a while to help swelling

Im not sure if my other fish will tolerate the salt. I have
Polkadot dot loaches
Julii cories
Neons
Guppys
Dwarf gouramis
Leopard frog pleco
In my 45g

No... I dont... Probably should have... But nope :/
----
It's always good to have a quarantine, most of your fish should be fine with aquarium salt but I am a little worried about plecos and catfish, as their tolerance for salt is low :/

Ill just have to carry on with the baths. Shes seems to be getting better again today swelling and pine coning is reducing. Fingers crossed but things are looking up for my big momma

Ill just have to carry on with the baths. Shes seems to be getting better again today swelling and pine coning is reducing. Fingers crossed but things are looking up for my big momma
----
Thats great! This is a great forum for people with fish who suffer the same condition; aquarium salt is like my best friend XD

I'll keep hoping for the lil sweetie :)

I know what you mean this whole site has been like my bible since i started the hobby last year. They do say that if u cant diagnose and treat your sick fish, salt is the next best thing.

My guppy is still with us this morning. Still bloated but shes eating etc

Thanks

Hi all shes still with me.. Not looking too good tbh shes swelled up alot since last night. Shes just in a salt bath now. Shes very wobbly when swimming but is getting about and is still taking food.. Should i be thinking about euthanising her or should i let her ride it out and hope for the best??

I think shes dying now. Just got back fom work to find this

ForumRunner_20120202_172258.jpg

Shes only just breathing.... Should i put her out of her misery....

Hang on as i started writing this post shes got up and started swimming....

ForumRunner_20120202_172444.jpg

I dont know what to do.

dont sound good mabe let nature do its job dont beleive in ufenasia sorry :(

mabe shell survive give the girl a chance

Just concerned my loaches might start eating her if she dies... Dont want them to catch whatever infection that has caused this.

Ive got one or 2 mine were only 2.99 from the same store lol... Uve been had. Dont think isolating her will help her stress level. Ill just keep my eye on her for now.

Personally i dont disagree with euthanising but its a difficult decision to make... I had to whack one of my pet rats once... I think that was the hardest thing ive ever had to do in my entire life.

Back
Top Bottom