Sick Julii Cory Cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrutusPleco

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my Julii Cory Cats is very Ill! Swimming on it's side ans just laying
on the bottom of the tank. Sometimes swimming for awhile but pretty quiet for the most part.Poor thing. The other cory cat seems fine. Stays with the sick one. It's so sad!! BTW, this started yesterday a.m. 1/14. This is what I have done so far.

25% water change then added 2 Fungus Clear tablets. I also bought some Parasite Clear. Wondering if I should try that. I don't think the fish is going to survive but there is always a chance. Also in the tank: 4 neon tetras, 4 black tetras, 10" Pleco. Can I use the parasite clear with the fungus clear still in the tank?

29 gal tank parameters are in good shape.Nitrite 0, Nitrate at 40 (which it is always at 40), ph 6.8, ammonia 0.

Is there a white cottony growth anywhere on the julii? Are there any other physical symptoms?

I read the description of the Fungus Clear tablets on Jungle's web site: http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/details.asp?item=TB631
It seems to be fine for what you're describing. Do you see any signs of parasites? White spots, white stringy waste? I wouldn't mix the two meds. If you've already added the Fungus Clear to your tank, then watch the ammonia levels, as the antibiotic in the medicine could kill off some of your good bacteria. Treat as the label suggests and hopefully the cory will get better.

Do you have a QT tank? It's better to add antibiotics to a QT tank, so the meds won't hurt your good bacteria in the main tank. Also if the cory has a cottony growth, or any other physical symptoms, it would be best to isolate it from the other fish. How does the other cory look? Does he appear to be getting the same symptoms?

Back
Top Bottom